Inclusion at Sunmarke
Sunmarke is an inclusive school, which welcomes a diverse range of learners, from EYFS to Secondary. The Achievement Centre takes the lead in establishing and supporting inclusive practice and support systems throughout the school, working in close collaboration with parents, teachers, students and external specialists.
In order to facilitate successful participation and progress for all learners, we offer a select range of additional provisions at no extra cost. These are subject to staffing and availability, and are offered in response to the needs of the cohort. They include, but are not limited to:
- English language lessons
- Interventions for literacy
- Interventions for mathematics
- Speaking and listening
- Social skills
- Motor skills
- Directed studies
- Alternative curriculum studies
- Extra-curricular activities specific to students with SEND
We offer a wide range of enrichment opportunities for students who show exceptional aptitude for, or interest in, specific areas of academics or creative performance.
We have developed a reliable network of external providers, who parents can contract to provide specialist assessment and therapy services at Sunmarke. These include, but are not limited to:
- Comprehensive developmental/diagnostic assessment
- Psychoeducational assessment
- Behavioural assessment and intervention
- Occupational Therapy/Sensory Integration assessment and intervention
- Speech and Language Therapy assessment and intervention
- Personalised support from a 1:1 Learning Support Assistant
For more comprehensive information about inclusion at Sunmarke, please download our Inclusion Policies and Inclusion Procedures documents here.
Read our Inclusion Policy 2017-18
Read our Inclusion Procedure 2017-18