The Parent Volunteer groups channel the positive ethos, goodwill and creativity of parents to enhance the student learning experience and to strengthen ties between the school, parents and students. The groups get involved in fund-raising and event support and organisation. The groups encourage development of a community spirit within the school with parents socialising and having fun with each other, students and faculty, and promote goodwill with and benefit to the community.
Typical events organised by the Parent Volunteer groups include:
- Fundraising (Cake Sales, Gingerbread Raffle, Jumble Sale, Mad Hair Day, Odd Socks Day & Non Uniform Days, Sports Days, School events, and more).
- School Support (International Day & UAE Day, Guided Reading, Library support, Music support, and more).
- Charity Support (Rashid Paediatric Centre, Kerala School Library, Karuna Society for Animals, Manzil Centre for Special Needs, Al Noor Centre for Special Needs, and various other local and international charities and NGOs).
- Social & Fun Events (Secondary end-of-year activities and end-of-year treats for students, and more).
- Coffee Mornings Brunches and Lunches (informal gatherings where parents meet and make friends, and more)
- Parent Socials (fun events such as quiz nights, drumming circles, dinners, paint-balling, & more)